Mudlarks is a Hertford based charity which supports adults and young people with learning disabilities and mental health issues. Through supported learning and meaningful work in the community, Mudlarks’ projects help people build confidence and self-worth, and develop important skills.
- At our allotments in Cromwell Road we provide gardening therapy to our clients, who grow vegetables in a safe and caring environment
- The Mudlarks Café in Railway Street provides training, work experience and employment for adults with learning difficulties which improves their skills and confidence.
- Our Larking About gardening team works in Hertford, managing all of the Town Council gardens.
- Our Special Branch team of gardeners helps the elderly to maintain their gardens.
- Our Forest School at Panshanger Park supports young adults with learning difficulties , giving them the opportunity to take part in activities, connecting them with the natural environment and encouraging self-directed play and exploration.
All of Mudlarks’ projects support local people with learning difficulties and mental health issues to take a full and active role in our community, and lead more fulfilling lives.