Mudlarks is a Hertford based charity which supports adults and young people with learning disabilities and mental health concerns. Through supported learning and meaningful work in the community, Mudlarks’ projects help people build confidence and self-worth, and develop important skills.
Mudlarks run five projects in Hertford:
- At our allotments in Cromwell Road we provide gardening therapy, and people grow vegetables in a safe and caring environment
- The Mudlarks Café in Fore Street provides training, work experience and employment for adults with learning difficulties which improves their skills and confidence.
- Our Larking About gardening team works in Hertford, managing all of the Town Council's gardens.
- Our Special Branch team of gardeners helps the elderly to maintain their gardens, keeping people safe and happy in their homes.
- Our Woodland Centre at Panshanger Park supports young adults with learning difficulties, giving them the opportunity to take part in activities, connecting them with the natural environment and encouraging self-directed play and exploration.
All of Mudlarks’ projects support local people with learning difficulties and mental health concerns to take a full and active role in our community, and lead more fulfilling lives.