Do you have a passion for supporting adults with learning disabilities?
We have an exciting and unique opportunity at Mudlarks for a site support worker at our therapeutic allotments site in Hertford.
This role will see you supporting adults with learning disabilities and mental health concerns through plant growing and craft activities.
Experience of working with people with learning difficulties is essential.
You will need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and flexible in your approach, with the ability to work without direct supervision but also be a team player in this vibrant and developing local charity. A good level of literacy and numeracy is needed along with good communication skills.
Mudlarks is a Hertford based charity which supports adults and young people with learning disabilities and mental health issues. Through supported learning and meaningful work in the community, Mudlarks’ projects help people build confidence and self-worth, and develop important skills.
General duties would include:
- To support and train the people involved in Mudlarks activities, including people with learning difficulties, students on work experience, people with mental health issues, people on probation, and other volunteers. This requires dealing with individuals who may exhibit some challenging behaviour
- To provide the practical skills required for the development of on-site projects
- To organise site activities and prepare and prioritise tasks
- To be responsible for the tidiness of the site
- To assist the site manager and the rest of the team in the everyday running and development of Mudlarks
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,450 per annum
Application Deadline: 17th June Email