Position: Finance Officer
Salary: £35,000 pro rata
Hours: 15 hours a week (over 2 or 3 days per week)
We currently have an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of the Mudlarks team: we are looking for a hard-working and focused individual to join us as our Finance Officer. You will be a good organiser, able to multi-task, with excellent IT and administrative skills, have a sound knowledge of Quick books, accounting and payroll systems, and be able to produce accessible and informative printed and online material. You will need to be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision but also be a team-player in this vibrant and developing local charity.
General duties and requirements:
- To fully understand, and have a commitment to, the aims and objectives of Mudlarks.
- To work within the Mudlarks policies and procedures to provide a high quality of service and in particular to always have a high regard for the organisation’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To act in accordance with relevant legislation (e.g. the Data Protection Act, Health and Safety) and Mudlarks policies
Key activities include:
- Managing day to day financial accounting records
- Management of payroll system and salary, tax and national insurance payments.
- Administration of service users’ invoices and maintenance of records.
- Gathering data and preparing reports.
- Supporting the implementation of new IT systems and administrative processes
Key skills required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office software, QuickBooks.
- Good organisation and time-management skills
- Working knowledge of day-to–day accounting/bookkeeping and ability to put financial matters into a form that is easily understood and can be used to make informed decisions
- Ability to work without direct supervision
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- Keep track of accounts to a standard required by company and charity law.
- Monitor and record grant expenditure.
- Liaise with Mudlarks’ manager on future projects
- Prepare invoices for HCC and send attendance information to the local authority. Prepare invoices for Direct Payments users and schools’
- Manage Café, Site and office rentals and payments.
- Ensure all invoices, including rental, utility, insurance (Office, café, site, and vehicles) are paid on time.
- Book-keeping: update the accounts ensuring all Mudlarks’ expenditure and income is accounted for. Manage office and Site petty cash.
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliation from accounting records against bank statements.
- Liaise with banks as necessary regarding managing accounts (Co-Op and Triodos)
- Keep payroll information up to date. Provide payroll information to Howard Wilson for processing each month.
- Maintain Gift Aid records for tax purposes.
- Check books for quarterly review of income and expenditure and share findings with Mudlarks’ CEO and trustees.
- Prepare books and accounts annually for Howard Wilson and ensure accounts are filed with Companies House by due date.
- Prepare annual returns to the Charity Commission and Companies House.
- Submit Gift Aid claims.
- Support Mudlarks’ CEO with the preparation of budgets for the coming year.